Aim of State of Public Health and Health Care
The website www.staatvenz.nl aims to provide up-to-date and unambiguous data, which exist to support policy monitoring and accounting. The website is built specifically for the Minister of Health, the policy makers of the Ministry and the Members of the House of Representatives. The website is hosted by the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment.
Product of collaboration
This website is a product of collaboration. A consortium was established to realize a website that would present unambiguous figures. They work together to reach agreement on definitions and sources for the key figures. The consortium consists of RIVM Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu (Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu), who is the coordinator, and 7 other knowledge institutes. These cover the full domain of public health, from determinants to care.
- Statistics Netherlands ( CBS Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek (Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek))
- The Dutch Healthcare Authority ( NZa)
- The Dutch National Health Care Institute ( ZIN)
- The Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research (NIVEL Nederlands Instituut voor Onderzoek van de Gezondheidszorg (Nederlands Instituut voor Onderzoek van de Gezondheidszorg))
- The Netherlands Institute for Social Research ( SCP)
- The Trimbos Institute for mental health
- Netherlands Youth Institute (NJI)
Key figure overview
There are different ways to access and search a key figure: alphabetic list, life phase, themes or with the search function. The key figure is always presented at the top of the page. A short definition, registration/survey year and source are also shown. Where available and relevant breakdowns are presented.
The Staatvenz.nl uses monitors, reports and websites that present figures on public health and care, social domain and community support. The key figure overview refers to these sources, where more information and interpretation can be found.
Translate this website with Google Chrome or Firefox
This website is in Dutch. However, some browsers offer the opportunity to translate the information, including graphs and maps, into English (and many other languages). When using Google Chrome, you can click the button on the right hand side on top of the page (indicated below).
When using Firefox, you can follow the steps in this guide.